The information we collect
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Identity Data including first name, middle name, last name, maiden name, title, date of birth, gender, job title, photographic identification, marital status and title.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Background Verification Data including your passport number, driver licence number, photographic identification or other details requested as part of our onboarding process to comply with our due diligence obligations, anti-money laundering laws and related ongoing monitoring commitments.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to you from us and from you to us and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or we have purchased from you.
- Technical and Usage Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour, information about your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Profile Data including your username and password for our Services, profile picture, purchases or orders you have made with us, support requests you have made, content you post, send receive and share through our platform, information you have shared with our social media platforms, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Interaction Data including information you provide to us when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, including surveys, contests, promotions, activities or events.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Professional data including where you are a worker of ours or applying for a role with us or a franchise, your professional history such as your previous positions and professional experience.
- We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorised by law.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, or over the telephone.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
- From publicly available sources: We collect personal data from publicly available resources such as the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and professional networking sites such as LinkedIn.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the purposes for which we plan to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
Purpose of use / disclosure
Type of Personal Information
To enable you to access and access our website, including to provide you with a login.
To assess whether to take you on as a new client or new franchisee, including to perform anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, sanction screening, fraud and other background checks on you.
To provide our Services to you, including to assess your application and manage your appointments.
To contact and communicate with you about our Services including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us.
To contact and communicate with you about any enquiries you make with us via our website.
For internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes.
For analytics including profiling on our website, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms.
For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our events and experiences and information that we consider may be of interest to you.
To run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you.
If you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
To comply with our legal obligations or if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Our disclosures of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors, franchisees and/or related entities;
- IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers
- marketing or advertising providers
- professional advisors, bankers, auditors, our insurers and insurance brokers;
- payment system operators;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
While we store personal information in Australia, where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us at: email@example.com
Leonard Homes Pty Ltd (ABN 71 656 907 309)
Last update: 28 October 2022